5.04.2007

Bella Faccia

Tonight, even though it's a Friday, we decided to stay in. It's been a long week. And during the drive home, the conversation turned to dinner. I really didn't feel like cooking tonight, and I kind of expected to eat out, 'cause it's Friday. So, we settled on pizza. But, "settle" really isn't the word when you decide to get a pizza at Bella Faccia.

It's located at 2934 NE Alberta and it's great pizza...not that typical fast-food-call-and-get-it-delivered-with-a-special-price-for-the-first-two-toppings pizza, if you know what I mean. Bella Faccia will deliver for orders over $100 with advance notice, but otherwise it's eat in the shop or take it away. Yes, we took it home.

Bella Faccia only has one size (18 inches and thin), or you can buy it buy the slice. We got a split pizza...she wanted the SCHMO (tomato sauce, mozzarella, chicken sausage, mushrooms, black olives and onions (but opted for roasted garlic instead of onions)). I wanted the Green & White (Basil pesto covered with dollops of creamy ricotta, mozzarella, roasted red and yellow peppers, roasted garlic and a sprinkling of pine nuts). We also got an order of the Garlic Knots.

Normally, my wife gets the Brooklyn Veggie and I get the Popeye (tomato sauce, bacon, mozzarella, spinach, onion and garlic). I love the Popeye, but the Green & White was just as good.

The pizza will cost you between $16.50 (cheese) to $25.00 (split with other stuff) and it's worth every penny. I was only able to eat two slices. My wife ate one piece...breakfast and lunch tomorrow!

No comments: